Monday, May 3, 2010

*Big Electric Chair*

Artist: Andy Warhol
Title: Electric Chair
Date: 1967
Material: Silk screen ink on synthetic polymer canvas
Location: Unknown
Significance: This piece is my favorite so far from my research of Andrew. This piece is also in a series of color changed electric chair. I chose this one with the green because when I first saw it, my mind ran across the infamous phrase "The grass is/is not greener on the other side." This piece SCREAMED irony! The hue on the right side of this pic is a soft, pale pink I'm guessing which to me is a soft, female, sensitive color while the green is known to be a "growth", nature color. Is he trying to say that the afterlife is "greener" than the jail? Hmm...

1 comment:

  1. I always liked this one. So many different ways you can interpret it.

    ReplyDelete